Hospice volunteers are wonderful people. We have a variety of opportunities, all of which, are critically important for our organization. Here is a snapshot of some of the areas we could use your support and time:
- At the Hospice Boutique – volunteers play a big role in operating our boutique. It is a wonderful and fun environment to spend time each week.
- In our J.T. Clark Family Adult Day Centre – working alongside our coordinator, volunteers work with participants, plan activities, organize outings, and spend time with a wonderful group of people.
- In our Community Services program – volunteers spend time in the community with those still living at home. Activities and details vary but all are focused around supportive and caring relationships.
- On our palliative care floor in Hospice House – volunteers sit with patients, share musical talents, read, support nursing staff and interact with families.
- In our kitchen – the kitchen is a beehive of activity and our world class cooks can always use some extra support.
Do you have 3-4 hours per week to make an lasting impact in your community?
We are currently looking for volunteers to assist in the following areas:
- Assist with food preparation
- Serve dining room guests
- Maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen/dining room area
- Provide assess to the building through a locked entry
- Offer a warm greeting to all visitors
- Direct visitors to specific areas of the building
- Answer incoming telephone calls
- Create a warm and welcoming environment for all visitors
- Direct visitors to specific staff offices and/or other services
- Sorting, pricing and tagging new sale items
- Creating attractive displays
- Processing transactions
J.T. Clark Family Adult Day Centre
- Assist in the daily programming that is offered to our clients
- Provide meaningful companionship
- Help coordinate details and supplies with our guest service providers
Hospice Fredericton does not ask for any specific number of volunteer hours, however an average shift for each role is 3-4 hours and you may volunteer as many days per week, as you wish.
We have an application process which includes a criminal record check/vulnerability sector check; a completed application form with references; a face-to-face interview; orientation and training.
For more information please contact
Susan King, Social Worker and Volunteer Coordinator
Tel:506-472-1640 / Fax:506-472-8188
621 Churchill Row Fredericton, NB E3B 1P5