Last updated: June 24, 2020 (Items in bold have recently been updated)
The health and safety of our employees, patients, families and volunteers is incredibly import to us and in light of the evolving situation with the COVID-19 outbreak we will be implementing the following precautions. This comes from a place of wanting to protect our vulnerable patient population, our staff who are committed to caring for your loved ones, as well as following the guidelines that have been put in place by the province. We thank you for your patience and cooperation as we continue to provide quality end-of-life care in the safest manner possible.
– Hospice Fredericton patients may have TWO healthy visitors at a time. Screening hours are 10AM-7PM. Patients receiving end-of-life care may also have ONE additional visitor (pastoral/spiritual care), to provide comfort to the patient, family and loved ones during the end-of-life period.
– Visitors will continue to be screened upon entry and are not permitted to enter without a community (cloth) mask, and it must be worn during their visit. They must also comply with all Public Health and Infection Prevention and Control measures, such as maintaining physical distancing and cleaning their hands frequently.
– Visitors will not be granted access if their temperature exceeds 38 degrees.
– All individuals entering the facility will be asked to wear a mask.
– If you have traveled in the last 14 days or have come in close contact with someone who has traveled in the last 14 days, you are asked to not visit the facility. Visitors who have traveled from another province must self isolate for 14 days.
– For screening purposes, if a visitor has been to the zone 5 area, they are asked to self monitor. If they are experiencing any symptoms listed below, they are asked to self isolate until a negative test result.
– If you have any of the following symptoms you are asked not to visit the facility: fever greater than 38 degrees, new or worsening cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, headache, runny nose, new onset fatigue, loss of taste or smell.
– All group programming is postponed until further notice. For support please contact our Social Worker at 506-472-1640 / email@example.com
To make a donation visit us at HospiceFredericton.ca or call 506.472.1626
Your support is great appreciated!