Last updated: May 11, 2020 (Items in bold have recently been updated)
The health and safety of our employees, patients and volunteers is incredibly import to us and in light of the evolving situation with the COVID-19 outbreak we will be implementing the following precautions. This comes from a place of wanting to protect our vulnerable patient population, our staff who are committed to caring for your loved ones, as well as following the guidelines that have been put in place by the province. We thank you for your patience and cooperation as we continue to provide quality end-of-life care in the safest manner possible.
– Families are asked to designate TWO identified visitors per patient. They will undergo screening at the entrance, with strict and frequent handwashing. Visitors will not be granted access if their temperature exceeds 38 degrees. Visitors are asked to remain in the patient room for the duration of their visit. No outside food or drink will be allowed at this time.
– We are limiting visiting hours from 10am-4pm for screening purposes. Families with special circumstances can make arrangements with staff.
– To reduce the number of individuals entering and exiting Hospice House, patients and families are no longer permitted to go out for smoking/vaping purposes. Nicotine replacement therapy will be available for patients if needed.
– If you have traveled in the last 14 days or have come in close contact to someone who has traveled in the last 14 days, you are asked to not visit the facility. Visitors who have traveled from another province may be asked to don a mask.
– If you have any of the following symptoms you are asked not to visit the facility: fever greater than 37.8 degrees, cough or difficulty breathing.
– All group programming is postponed until further notice. For support please contact our Social Worker at 506-472-1640 / email@example.com
To make a donation visit us at HospiceFredericton.ca or call 506.472.1626
Your support is great appreciated!