We are currently looking for:
- Full Time Social Worker
- Job Summary: The Social Worker will be part of the clinical care team and will be responsible for working directly with patients and families, providing support as needed during their engagement with Hospice Fredericton.
- Hours: Full time – 37.5 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekends are required.
Social Work/Counselling Duties
- Delivers effective anticipatory grief support and bereavement care to patients and families
- Provides individual patient and/or family counselling and support as needed.
- Liaise with hospital, Department of Social Development, pharmacy and other community agencies securing resources to support family needs as required.
- Work with clinical team on care planning and delivery
- Discharge planning duties when required.
- Provide one & three-month follow-up calls to families.
- Information Sharing with family, patients, staff and general public
- Facilitate grief support groups and Grief Center services
- Work as an integral part of the Interdisciplinary Clinical CareTeam
- Client intake and assessment. Work closely with Volunteer Coordinator for in-home support programs.
- Track all referrals for grief support groups/programs.
- Assign narrative care projects accordingly.
- Maintain comprehensive client records and follow up as required
- Provide post-program evaluations for client families.
- Seek opportunities within the community for increasing awareness of programs and services.
- Partner with other groups/organizations to promote services of Hospice.
- Grow programs in outlying areas.
- Provide education and research services; continue with existing educational activities and grow opportunities for each
- Participates in the development of policy and protocols in the discipline of social work and counselling or clinical care as requested
- Occasional administrative or fundraising duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor of Social Work degree
- Registered or eligible for registration with the NB Association of Social Workers
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience; experience working with end-of-life patients and families a definite asset
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills with a warm, compassionate and caring attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, efficient, flexible and comfortable in a fast-paced and changing non-profit business environment
- Ability to work with and respect various cultures, beliefs and values
Please submit resume to Cindy Sheppard, CEO
Email – email@example.com
Mail – 621 Churchill Row Fredericton, NB E3B 1P5
We have a number of SEED and Canada Summer Jobs positions available at Hospice House in a number of different areas as well as at the Hospice Boutique.
- Fundraising, Marketing and Communications Assistant – 8 week Canada Summer Jobs position TO START IN SEPTEMBER
- Building, Grounds and Maintenance Assistant – 8 week Canada Summer Jobs position TO START IN SEPTEMBER
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Internships and Volunteer School Credits
When you start school in Fall, consider Hospice Fredericton for any internships or required volunteer credits! We have a number of areas that would provide you with on-the-job training and valuable experience:
- Nursing and Healthcare
- Marketing and Communications
- Business Administration
- Social Work
- Retail Management
- and much, much more!
Please send your resume to email@example.com today!