Hospice volunteers are wonderful people. We have a variety of opportunities, all of which, are critically important for our organization. Here is a snapshot of some of the areas we could use your support and time:
- At the Hospice Boutique – volunteers play a big role in operating our boutique. It is a wonderful and fun environment to spend time each week.
- In our Community Services program – volunteers spend time in the community with those still living at home. Activities and details vary but all are focused around supportive and caring relationships.
- On our palliative care floor in Hospice House – volunteers sit with patients, share musical talents, read, support nursing staff and interact with families.
- In our kitchen – the kitchen is a beehive of activity and our world class cooks can always use some extra support.
We are currently looking for volunteers in the following areas:
Hospice Fredericton does not ask for any specific number of volunteer hours, however an average shift for each role is 3-4 hours and you may volunteer as many days per week, as you wish.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, you will need to submit a resume and go through our application process. This process includes a criminal record check/vulnerability sector check; a completed application form with references; a face-to-face interview; orientation and training.
- Assist with food preparation
- Maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen and dining room area
- Sort, price and tag new sale items
- Create attractive displays
- Process transactions
- Provide access to the building through a locked entry
- Offer a warm greeting to all visitor and ask COVID-19 screening questions
- Filling documents and tax receipts
- Shredding documents
Looking to join our amazing team of volunteers?
To volunteer at Hospice House, please send your resume to:
Britanie Robichaud, Volunteer and Clinical Support Coordinator
To volunteer at the Hospice Boutique, please send your resume to:
Judy Smullin, Hospice Boutique Manager