The Hospice Boutique is our social enterprise which supports the operation of Hospice House. The Boutique is an upscale thrift store located in the old Daily Gleaner building on the corner of Prospect Street and Smythe Street. The Boutique sells high quality, gently worn or new clothing as well as houseware items and collectables. All donated items that are sold are tracked and the donor receives an income tax receipt for the total amount of the sale.
When you shop at the Hospice Boutique, you help fund:
- Compassionate end-of-life care to individuals and their families.
- Grief and Bereavement services to families and caregivers.
All donated items sold are tracked yearlong and the donor receives a charitable tax receipt for the accumulated total amount of $20 and above. Receipts will be issued for income tax purposes. By donating items to the Hospice Boutique, the donor agrees to release the items. Our staff and volunteers will carefully select the items that are appropriate for sale.
Items we accept
- Women’s, men’s and children’s clothing
- Accessories (scarves, hats, gloves)
- Shoes, purses and jewelry
- Select men’s suits, bridal and prom
- Crystal, china, glassware and housewares
- Home décor items, prints and paintings
- Small furniture pieces
- Small collectables and antiques
- Electronics in good, working condition
- Books, CD’s, DVD’s, vinyl records
- NEW linens and sheets
- NEW lingerie, pyjamas or undergarments
- Limited quantity of large furniture (please contact us prior to arrival)
Items we DO NOT accept
- Clothing that is faded, stained or outdated
- Oversized plastic children’s toys
- Dollar store items or yard sale leftovers
- Used pyjamas and undergarments
- Any items that are broken or require repair
- Stuffed animals or baby items
- Anything that has an expiration date
- Textbooks, encyclopaedias or magazines
- Clearly used towels, bedding and linens
Green Phase – COVID-19
**Effective Saturday, July 31st, 2021**
- Masks are recommended for all shoppers and staff, but not required.
- Directional arrows, physical distancing, and restrictions on the number of customers allowed in the store will no longer be enforced.
- Appointments for donation drop-off will no longer be required. Donations can be dropped off at any time during our regular store hours (there is no longer a “donation schedule”).
984 Prospect Street
Fredericton, NB, E3B 2T8
Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Thursday: 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Sunday & Monday: CLOSED
Phone: (506) 472-2215
Facebook Page: Hospice Boutique Fredericton