About Hospice House…
Hospice House is a 10 bed residential hospice located in Fredericton which provides 24 hour care to palliative patients and their families. Care is offered by a specialized team of nurses, support staff and physicians in a home-like, caring environment. Through physician referral, admission to Hospice House is on a voluntary basis and patients can be admitted directly from home or transferred from hospital.
Hospice House Admission Criteria:
Patients must be registered in the palliative program to be eligible for inpatient care within Hospice House. It is the palliative physician that determines if a patient is eligible for admission. Following receipt of a referral, our admissions team will work closely with the patient, family and medical partners (such as Extra Mural) to ensure a smooth transition to the facility at the appropriate time. For more information please feel free to contact us.
- Must be 19 years or older
- Diagnosis of terminal/progressive illness
- Patient not a risk for wandering
- Agreeable to End Of Life (EOL) care and symptom management as required
- Patient not displaying aggressive behaviours
- Valid medicare card
- Patient does not require regular transport to hospital
- Limited diagnostic/disease specific treatment required
- Life expectancy of 6 months or less
- Palliative Performance Scale 50% or less
Hospice House also provides rentable rooms for families who find travel difficult during this time.
**Due to COVID-19, this service is on hold**
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (506) 472-8185