Grief Groups: Grief groups are open to all members of the community, whether your loved one was a patient at Hospice House or elsewhere. Grief groups are tend to run for 2 hours, and are offered once a week for 6 weeks. Please note that individuals are unable to participate in a grief group until a minimum of 3 months have passed since the death of your loved one. Individuals are able to be placed on the wait list during this time.
Grief & Bereavement Volunteers: At Hospice Fredericton we are fortunate to have a group of highly skilled volunteers who have been specifically trained in grief & bereavement services. For those who are placed on a wait list for a grief group, regular phone check-ins by our grief and bereavement volunteers are also available if desired, to ensure you still have access to support while waiting for your grief group to begin.
‘Coping Together’ Monthly Drop-Ins: Hospice Fredericton offers monthly drop-in grief sessions that target various themes with a focus on self-care and education. Information is posted regularly on our Facebook page ‘Hospice Fredericton’ and on our website hospicefredericton.ca leading up to each monthly drop-in
Grief Library: Hospice Fredericton houses a large variety of books that individuals are able to borrow and take their time to look through and read. We have books that target all audiences, from young children to adults, that cover various areas and forms of grief and loss.
Resource Package: If you are looking for helpful resources specific to your own personal grief and bereavement, but are unsure where to begin, reach out to our social worker who will be able to provide you with a resource package specific to your needs and help guide you in the right direction.
If you are interested in further resources, an individualized resource package or are unsure which resources are right for you please contact email@example.com or by phone at (506)-472-8185
Mental Health Services
- Addictions and Mental Health Services:
Addiction and Mental Health Services provide a range of services for individuals, youth, and family members. This is a free, voluntary service and can be accessed with or without a referral. Initial appointments are offered within 3 business days. Hours of operation are Monday to Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
Fredericton region 506-453-2132
Click Here to find a detailed list of services
- Family Enrichment and Counselling Service Inc.
Family Enrichment is a not-for-profit community agency dedicated to providing counselling services and educational programs in Fredericton and surrounding area.
Phone: (506) 458-8211
Click Here to find a detailed list of services
After hours crisis intervention services
- Mobile Crisis through Addictions and Mental Health Services:
The Mobile Crisis Team increases access to services and provide a range of crisis intervention services in a timely and effective manner in the person’s own environment or the environment of their choice.
Fredericton (4:30 p.m. to midnight Monday – Friday, 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday & Sunday) 506-453-2132
Woodstock & Perth-Andover (Sunday to Sunday 2 p.m. to 10 p.m.) 1-888-667-0444
- Emergency Rooms and Community Health Centres
Your local hospital emergency room and community health centres are also equipped with mental health and crisis intervention services during their regular operational hours
CHIMO is a provincial crisis phone line, accessible 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to all residents of New Brunswick. Our mission is to serve our community by providing a competent level of crisis intervention, referrals, and vital information in a caring, confidential manner. We can help you by providing a listening ear, helpful information, crisis intervention and referrals to resources in the province of N.B.
Provincial Helpline 1-800-667-5005
Fredericton Area helpline 506-450-HELP(4357)
Live Chat 5pm-12am daily through their website at www.chimohelpline.ca
- Kids Help Phone
Kids Help Phone is Canada’s only 24/7, national support service. We offer professional counselling, information and referrals and volunteer-led, text-based support to young people in both English and French. Whether by phone, text, mobile app or through our website, you can connect with us whenever you want, however you want.
For phone support call 1-800-668-6868.
For support via text message Text CONNECT to 686868
- Crisis Services Canada
anyone in Canada that is thinking about, is or has been affected by suicide, can reach out across a variety of media, and feel supported 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For phone support call 1-833-456-4566
For support via text message (available 4pm-12am ET) text 45645
Virtual Grief Resources
- The Canadian Virtual Hospice provides support and personalized information about palliative and end-of-life care to patients, family members, health care providers, researchers and educators. VirtualHospice.ca
- MyGrief.ca can help you understand grief and work through some of the difficult issues you may be facing. MyGrief.ca has been developed by a team of national and international grief experts together with people who have experienced significant loss in their own lives It is not meant to replace professional counselling or other health care services. www.mygrief.ca
- Back in 2011 our founder Julie Mjelve started her unwelcome journey of grief with the sudden loss of her husband. What she discovered in the weeks and months following her loss impacted her deeply and caused her to work towards founding an important little company called Grieving Together.Since it’s inception the dedicated staff at GT have had the honor of helping many people throughout North America and beyond as they walk though their grief experience. With helpful grief support information and useful mourning products we at GT certainly hope you find a bit of help and support here while you’re on our site. GrievingTogether.ca
- We recognize that the support received by a grieving child or youth can significantly influence his/her wellbeing. As a result we aim to connect individuals and organizations who provide services and resources that benefit children and youth who are grieving a death. www.childrenandyouthgriefnetwork.com
- KidsGrief.ca is a free online resource that helps parents support their children when someone in their life is dying or has died. It equips parents with the words and confidence needed to help children grieve life’s losses in healthy ways.
- Widowed.ca is a free online resource for widows, widowers and their loved ones, providing an easy way to locate a wide variety of information and services needed after the loss of a loved one. www.widowed.ca
- The Canadian Cancer Society is a national, community-based organization of staff and volunteers whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer. www.cancer.ca